Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Introduction Post: Miss Flo!

Hi readers! My name is Florence and I'm the resident girlfriend blogger here at One Big Coastie Family. My boyfriend Brian and I have been dating for 2 years and he is stationed aboard a 378' in Alameda, CA. I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I met Brian in high school...or, we think we met there. We were both members of a 300-member marching band at our high school, so we crossed paths many times but never actually spoke to each other.

As fate would have it, he was stationed in Alameda just as I graduated from college in San Francisco. Our mutual friend invited us both out for St. Patrick's Day in 2006 and we have been inseparable ever since. I am a journalist working with the Oakland Tribune and Contra Costa Times, and he is finishing up his last few patrols with USCGC Sherman. You can see our latest homecoming video here:



In any case, I thought I'd introduce myself before I dive into posting like a madwoman. Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

A Work in Progress said...

Thanks for the intro! I'm so happy you're joining us, Flo!

Just a Girl in a Port said...

I'm so glad you are here too!

Who I Am said...

So glad you're here!

JulieAnn said...

Nice to meet you!

My dh was on the Sherman for a while, a few tours ago!