Thursday, March 6, 2008

Military Moms - contest

Recently, I heard that USAA has partnered with Teleflora the presenter of "America's Favorite Mom" for a Mother's Day contest on NBC. It turns out there are various categories for which a mom can be nominated. One of those categories just happens to be "military mom". Karen Jowers of Navy Times just posted an article about it this morning. Navy Times, March 6th article.

I know this isn't a story, so to speak, but I thought it would be great to get the word out. I put in a nomination for a fellow CG wife this week and she is getting votes-hooray! The best part is, she doesn't even know she's nominated. I'd be thrilled to see her win.

Perhaps you know of a deserving Coastie wife/mom or even a non-mom that is affiliated with the CG.

No comments: