Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Inport Excursions

He is riding rollercoasters without me. He is sampling foreign cuisine without me. He is taking in the touristy sites without me.

After hanging out with him all summer, exploring national parks and nature's wonders, it is H-A-R-D to imagine he could be doing all that--AND having fun-- without me.

Yes, yes, I know it has been a long patrol. Yes, I know he deserves it. Yes, I know that as soon as he returns to his stateroom the long list of emails and to dos will quell any so-called fun he may have had that inport. But, I am allowed to be jealous, aren't I?

So what if I went hiking, halibut fishing, and toured Seattle in his absence? So what if I got to decorate the house without an ounce of unsolicited input? So what if the dog will not recognize him when he gets home?

He got to ride rollercoasters, dernit!

Eh, a semi-sarcastic rant to document how much I miss hanging with my best friend and wondering if he has any of the same notions...

3 comments:

Coastie Family of 5 said...

My husband is no longer on a boat, but that was one of the hardest things (sometimes) The thought of him being able to do all kinds of neat stuff without me was hard to swallow sometimes.

(A Little) Gris Gris said...

I am cursed with a short memory on those mornings that his alarm goes off after mine or he calls from some ridiculously beautiful island in the Caribbean. I definitely forget about all of the challenges of his job and his life. Now, that doesn't mean that he gets to complain too much either. Seriously dude, you fly a helicopter for a living, that doesn't suck.

JulieAnn said...

I so understand where you're coming from! My dear husband had no desire to visit other islands with me when stationed in Hawaii - he had seen them all and visited them on his ship (grumble grumble). Yes, it's hard for me to think of him doing so much fun stuff without me. But then again, he does a lot of stuff I could never do...