Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thank heavens for good friends.

A dear friend talked me off a ledge tonight. Alright, you all can assume I'm being ridiculously dramatic. Let's just get that out in the open. (Thanks sweety, you are the best. I appreciate the phone convo more than you know!)

REALITY....I am a huge fan of my husband and his career. Another obvious statement. I am a huge fan of the benefits the Coast Guard provides for us and the life we have enjoyed thus far. I am a huge fan of the endless possibilities.....or, I thought I was.

Point being. Things have changed. Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited for PCS season. Nonetheless, things are changing so quickly (or at least the "maybes" are changing so quickly), literally day-to-day around here. I don't know which end is up or when this crazy ride is going to stop. I swear, if we have to endure this roller coaster of emotions (speaking completely about me here), for too long I'm going to go bonkers.

Seriously, though. Having watched PCS season from a nice cushy homesteading seat before, this is so far (and it's early yet folks) a very eye-opening and frightening experience.

Today, two things happened. (1) The man in blue had a dwindled down list; and (2) I realized I may not be able to visit family for 3 years once we move. Not too bad in most folks eyes and I normally wouldn't mind it. It's the kids though. I know, I know, many families do it and they are still happily breathing. I'm just not sure which is going to be worse, the tears from the kids or those from the nutso family members.

Today, my gumby suit is just a little deflated. Here's to a restful night (after I conduct more internet research on yet another new possible opportunity) and that I will be wearing those fabulous rose-colored glasses in the morning.

Note: I said opportunity--see I CAN be positive about this experience. Gosh darnit, I intend to be, no matter what comes my way (just not tonight). :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

All you have to do is restring your mask that holds your brave face and you'll be set! I think I've come up with a theme for this year, and I offer credit to the ever-fashionable Alice in Wonderland.

"Curiouser and curiouser..."