Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ironically, I've been virtually speechless.

I haven't posted in four days. Shocking, I know. I'm still trying to absorb the recent news. We still haven't seen the official orders, but they should show up sometime in the next two weeks, or so I'm told.

Right now, we are focusing on how to prepare our home to list it for sale. Another option we've considered is renting, but we are not 100% sure we are going to do that given we will be moving 3,000 miles away. That being said, we've had multiple offers for pseudo property managers. Nonetheless, it's a daunting concept. We may entertain it in time, but currently for sale the house must go.

Additionally, I've learned that housing is NOT an option for us where we are headed. So, that's a bit frightening. We were hoping it was a least something we could fall back on if we couldn't find a decent rental. Alas, it's not. We've been perusing the online newspapers and conversing with some folks we know out there. The rental market is not too shabby, and hopefully BAH will cover what we need.

I just learned that my children will be in two different schools. That kind of stinks as I was hoping the older two could actually attend the same school. The baby (not so much a baby anymore) will either be home with me or need preschool. Yes, I am considering staying at or working from home again. I am not sure what the market holds for my degrees and/or professional experience. As such, I can't really make a decision on that yet.

Oh, and I found out some fantastic, more than terrific, news. A friend of mine is going to be living within 30 - 50 miles from me. She and her hubby are doing the GEO thing next year, which will take her to a home practically next door to me, more or less. I can't tell you how much better this has made me feel.

'Til next post.

No comments: