Friday, July 16, 2010

Semper Gumby up

PCS season vacation mode is grinding to a halt. We have been in that weird place where work has ceased to truly exist and you are not really on vacation, but you certainly feel like it. You know the feeling.

We recently learned that we were going to enjoy some extended virtual vacation.

Oh wait. Nope. Nevermind. Just kidding.

Needs of the Coast Guard.

Well, I really cannot complain. The man in blue had to return to work sometime this century. We certainly have enjoyed having him home to set up the new shack and sort of settle in and check out our surroundings. Truth be told, him going away soon might ignite some normalcy and get us back on a schedule. Mom's rules and regimine need to restore order in the house. Yes, that's my plan. We'll see how successful I am.

I have lots of friends who have recently said goodbye to their loved ones for so many reasons. I am grateful that for us it only seems to be for a little bit, just enough to get our feet wet again with this deployment thing. So, again, can't complain.

Hope all is well and we see some more PCS folks come out of the woodwork soon with their stories. I promised pictures. I'll get there. Soon. I hope. I have them. I'm just being lazy at this point.

No comments: