Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dear Mr. Weather Man,

I am writing to complain about the forecast you gave today. You must have misplaced the memo I sent you about my husband getting underway. When he leaves home, I am certain that he always sails in bright sunny skies and calm waters. Your report this morning was the exact opposite, and I must remind you to take into consideration my personal feelings while he is deployed.

Yes, yes, in the past, I have put your portion of the news segment on mute or gone to the bathroom, thereby avoiding any inaccurate reporting. But in this case, you mixed it up a bit, giving me some information about the snow forecasted for my area. It threw me off, and the next thing I know—BAM! I am hearing about the rough conditions his cutter may be facing today.

So, please, Mr. Weather Man, take heed of my already tender heart and tone it down a bit. I’ll make sure to carbon copy you on my memo to Mother Nature, too.

Respectfully,

A Kodiak Boat Wife

No comments: